Last Updated on
Black Screen After Bootup Logo on SHIELD TV? Here’s how to fix NVIDIA SHIELD TV black screen issue. Several SHIELD users reported issues about the black screen on 4K TV after install SHIELD software updates or stopping the video. Some of the 4K TVs have a problem with a black screen after installing OTA.
You can show a black screen with a message of nothing is connected but the sound still on, your SHIELD TV is turned on but no video output. Always try to connect your NVIDIA SHIELD to an HDMI port on your TV without an adapter. Follow the below-given step by step instruction to fix NVIDIA SHIELD screen goes after SHIELD software update.
- How to fix SHIELD TV is not working
- How to fix Black screen problem on Google Pixel & Pixel XL
- Best NVIDIA SHIELD Game Accessories
- NVIDIA SHIELD Controller not working
How to Fix NVIDIA SHIELD Booting to Black Screen
Try a different HDMI cable to fix Black Screen After Bootup Logo SHIELD TV
First of all, check all cable connections of your SHIELD TV including HDMI cable and power cable. Try to disabled HDR HDMI input on your 4K TV and check fix issues. If you still facing issues, try a different HDMI cable to connect your TV with a shield. If HDMI port damage, connect your SHIELD with a new HDMI cable and change the source of your SHIELD TV with a new cable. Use high-speed HDMI cables which is shorter than 3m.
Unplug the SHIELD or Unplugged power from the TV to Fix NVIDIA SHIELD TV black screen problem
If you have to face screen goes black after stopping a video on your SHIELD TV, unplug the SHIELD will fix your issue. Also, turning off the plexes feature to fix your issue if you have used it on your TV. Set to match the refresh rate of the video.
Switch the Output in SHIELD to fix screen goes black randomly issue
You will change resolution settings from auto to 4K output as RGB to fix the issue. If it doesn’t work, try switching it to the CMYK in your device. Try to reboot your SHIELD.
Check for any SHIELD TV system software update or firmware update
Step 1: Open SHIELD home screen on your SHIELD TV
Step 2: Tap on the Settings gear icon
Step 3: Tap on About under the device section
- Check TV source input and an HDMI port that plugged with SHIELD TV. You can change the input source until SHIELD TV on.
- Customize the home screen on your TV
Settings > Preferences > Home screen
- Check HDMI port requires HDCP to connect a TV
If you can show a blank screen on 4K TV when installing or updating OTA, try below-given steps on your device.
- Remove all cable and power sources from SHIELD TV and after few seconds plug the only power cable and check the TV.
- Check system software update, if available then upgrade and install it. Wait until set up system update and plug HDMI cable on your SHIELD TV.
If none of the methods worked for you, factory reset your NVIDIA SHIELD.
That’s all. I hope the above-given troubleshooting steps fix NVIDIA SHIELD TV blank screen problem. If you have known another easy way to fix the NVIDIA SHIELD black screen after boot, please share it with us. Don’t forget to share this trick with your friends on social networks.