Google has announced android O developer preview during Google I/O. Any guess what is the full form of new upcoming android O OS? Some of the great android O features such as Notification channels & snoozing, API changes, picture-in-picture mode, system optimizations and more. This API changes the app functioning and behavior of installed apps that unnecessary. Let see how to migrating apps to android O.
While updating system software on your device, it will fix some of the application bugs. To migrating apps for android O, first of all check platform compatibility on your device and modify app with android O SDK. This android O supported device are pixel, pixel XL, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X and Pixel C device.
You Might Like This: Best Android O features
How to migrating apps to Android O: Two Steps
Check platform compatibility of app
First of all check that your app is fully compatible with new version.
- Download android O system image for your device and also use flash installation to your device. Using this link, you can download system image of Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus player, pixel XL, pixel C and Pixel device.
- Check which app may be affected due to feature and API changes in android O
- Install app on your device and running the application. Confirm it if any system changes and app flows.
- Make sure any code changes to change system character. Without compile and build code with same API.
- Upload the signed app and publish updated APK on your device
Modify your app for Android O
Android studio 3.0 only support all new developer Android O features. Other is Android studio 2.4 canary to build app. Below you can see how to migrating apps to android O.
- To customize app for android O, first of all install android studio 3.0 canary. Make sure you have required conditions for development.
- Check any modification on system while use android O. find affected system app and think about how to manage it.
- To support new background limits and behavioral changes for android O, change the basic code and architectural.
- Build your app for any modification occurs on the new android O version. Recompile for android O.
- Check any background or other parts affect your app. If found any issues on API or third party then report it.
- Update your target Sdk version and other verification.
- Upload the signed app and updated APK version for Android O.
End the tips of migrating apps to android O. Do let us know you liked this tutorial or not. We are waiting for your feedback on comment box.